If you’re planning a trip to Cozumel, you’ve likely noticed many Walmart stores in the United States, but have you ever wondered if there is a Walmart in Cozumel? The short answer is yes, there is a Walmart in Cozumel and the name of it is Bodega Aurrera. Bodega Aurrera is the discount store of Walmart in Mexico. It offers basic merchandise, food, and household items at low prices. You will find the Walmart brands like “Great Value” and “SuperTech” here. Walmart de Mexico operates the store, which is a division of Walmart, Inc. It is next door to a Sam’s Club store.
Bodega Aurrera offers a wide variety of merchandise. You can find everything from electronics to clothing and toys. There are even some unique items like air purifiers and humidifiers. You can find necessities like toilet paper, cleaning supplies, and snacks.
Bodega Aurrera also has a great selection of food and beverages. You can find all the staples like milk, bread, cereal, and pasta. They also offer an assortment of drinks like soda, juice, water, and more. The grocery section is extensive, with an entire aisle dedicated to frozen foods.
The Bodega Aurrera store also has an enormous selection of home goods.
There are three main reasons you should visit Bodega Aurrera in Cozumel. First, it is the cheapest way to buy groceries in Cozumel. Second, it has a great selection of household items and clothing. Third, it has a great selection of toys and games for kids.
You will have a ball (cheap thrills) at these stores. TAKE YOUR OWN REUSABLE SHOPPING BAGS!! There are lovely employees who will welcome you to the store. You will not need any more encouragement to buy. If you have a Sam’s club membership in the states, you can use it here at Sam’s Club in Mexico.
Some things you will see in these stores include:
1. Printer cartridges for many types of printers.
2. Sam’s had familiar items like Michael Angelo’s Lasagna (cheese or with meat).
3. GREAT cheese section!!! They also had sushi rolls.
4. Lots of bikes, tires, and GUY STUFF.
5. Huge planting pots (fiberglass)… big enough to plant a tree in (or that pesky house guest).
6. Hunter Fans 52 inch with 3 lamps for $3999 pesos
7. Tons of computers and cameras
8. The bread section was overwhelming, and a super selection.
9. Great kitchen hand towels (the waffle type) in fantastic colors.
10. Door mats in square and half-circles that will clean your shoes.
These stores are on Avenida Andrés Quintana Roo, between Calle 80 and Calle 85. Avenida Andrés Quintana Roo is also called Avenida 11th which is the avenue which begins on Melgar next to the superstore Mega. Follow it past 30th (traffic light) and 65 (next traffic light) then 3 or 4 blocks and it’s on the right. They are hard to miss. Also, the distance of Sam’s club/Bodega Aurrera from the Cruise Ship port is 4.9 kilometers or 10 minutes.
Written by Stingray Villa – the best Airbnb in Cozumel Mexico.